Qus: What are the disadvantages of EAI ?
The main disadvatages of using EAI systems:
- Constant change: The very nature of EAI is dynamic and requires dynamic project managers to manage their implementation.
- Lack of EAI experts : EAI requires knowledge of many issues and technical aspects.
- EAI is a tool paradigm: EAI is not a tool, but rather a system and should be implemented as such.
- Building interfaces is an art : Engineering the solution is not sufficient. Solutions need to be negotiated with user departments to reach a common consensus on the final outcome. A lack of consensus on interface designs leads to excessive effort to map between various systems data requirements.
- Loss of detail : Information that seemed unimportant at an earlier stage may become crucial later.
- Accountability : Since so many departments have many conflicting requirements, there should be clear accountability for the system's final structure.